St. Matthew the Apostle began his journey as a tax collector; the most hated profession in the time of Christ. While working in a collection booth, Christ called to Matthew with the simple words, “Follow me.” With this, Matthew became adisciple of Christ. After the death of Christ, Matthew wrote his account of the Gospel, which became the first of four Gospels in the New Testament. The bottom of our sock reads “Holy Matthew, Pray for Us,” in Hebrew. Historians believe Hebrew would have been the original language in which Matthew wrote his Gospel so that he could speak directly to the Jews. Our design also includes Roman coins that remind us of his prior profession as a tax collector.
- The Largest Catholic Sock Company… probably.
- Tens of thousands of people are already wearing our socks.
- These socks are sure to be a conversation starter and evangelization opportunity.
- Our socks make great Catholic gifts for all occasions: First Communion, Confirmation, Ordination, Wedding, Christmas Presents, Easter Baskets, Graduation.
- Proudly made in the USA by our team in Indianapolis, IN.
- Each sock’s essential stitches represent the Holy Family: Tan around the inside of the cuff, representing St. Joseph as head and protector of the Holy Family. Blue (outside) and white (inside) representing Mary and Jesus stitched across the toe of every sock.
A portion of production goes to make socks for our brothers and sisters experiencing homelessness in Indianapolis, IN.
Need help with sizing?
Click below for details on sock, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and onesie sizing.